Wndows 10 Recovery Error code 0xc000000e, Your PC needs to be repaired, is a common generic error code that often indicates either a hardware failure or an incorrect boot or drive configuration. You will receive more information along with the error code to help you troubleshoot. This can include the following-
- A required device isn’t connected or cannot be accessed
- Required device is inaccessible
- The selected entry could not be loaded
- The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt
- The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.
Let us first list the general fixes for Error code 0xc000000e. See which one may apply in your case:
- Rebuild Boot Configuration Data file.
- Run the Automatic Repair Utility.
- Check hardware and physical device connections.
- Reset BIOS/UEFI Configuration.
Rebuild Boot Configuration Data file
To rebuild the BCD, start by creating a Bootable Windows 10 Media.
After booting from it, click on Repair your computer on the first Windows 10 installation setup window. Select the operating system partition from the options you get and then click on Next.
Click on Command prompt and type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
Once the command line is successful in finding out a Windows Installation, you need to hit Y to let it boot from the list. This will rebuild BCD.
Run the Automatic Repair Utility
Steps to perform the Automatic repair:
- When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be F12.
- The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.
- Restart the computer, when the manufacturer’s logo is displayed, keep pressing the Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to CD\DVD ROM.
- After you boot your computer using Windows 10 DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD“. Press any key.
- Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
- Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner
- Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click Automatic repair.
Check Hardware and Physical Device Connections
It’s not unusual for hardware changes to invoke such a critical system error. Just like in Networking you start your troubleshooting at layer two, you should always check the basics before moving to advanced software troubleshooting, make sure to remove and unplug all peripheral devices you connected lately.
You can also try removing RAM and non-system hard disks temporarily and get them back in. After you’ve removed everything and tried booting, try finding the reason for the boot issue by the system of elimination.
Reset BIOS/UEFI Configuration
You can also try to reset the BIOS configuration. This will lead to arranging the boot configuration as it is intended by the manufacturer. This will remove any blockage in the boot process.