Instructions on how to set up your SonicWall TZ300 out of the box.
This article covers initial SonicWall setup procedures for a SonicWall TZ300 series firewall. Please note, using the first time install wizard is recommended, however, the below information assists with manually setting up the SonicWall for the first time. These Instructions can be used for the entire TZ series family of firewalls
Cabling the SonicWall
- Locate the SonicWall ports X0 and X1, port X0 is also label as LAN and port X1 is also label as WAN.
- Connect your Internet access device such as a cable or DSL modem to SonicWall WAN (X1) port
- Connect SonicWall LAN (X0) port to your laptop or PC or to a Network Switch.
First step in your SonicWall Setup is to Connect to SonicWall with Ethernet cable from your PC to port X0 (Lan)
Open browser and type 192.168.168.168
In these instructions we will choose to perform our SonicWall Setup manually
If you cannot access the page you may need to change TLS setting within your browser settings
Login using default
Username – admin
Password – password
You can reset this password immediately under System -> Administration
Connect Sonicwall to modem via X0 Wan port
Configure your WAN port
Your options will be
- Static IP address – Common for rouiter based connections
- DHCP – your ISP automatically assigns you a Dynamic IP address
- PPoE – Your ISP provided you with a username and password. This is common for most DSL connections
- PPTP- You are provided with a server IP address, username and password
Register and Licence Sonicwall
Log in to www.mysonicwall.com
- Under My products select Register Product
- Enter Serial number, Friendly Name and authentication code which can be found on the Firewalls web console under System -> Status
- Once you have registered the Device open the device from the list of registered products and find the registration code.
- Copy this registration code to the firewall’s web console under System -> Status
After setup is complete and all configuration changes have been made please ensure that you make a backup by exporting settings. You can do this by going to System ->