Stan Error code A19 “Sorry, we can’t play the video” can occur and will prevent you from watching Stan on your chosen device. The error code A19 can be easily resolved by either simply logging off and back on again or clearing any cached data stored on your device. Please follow the steps below to clear this error:
How to resolve Stan error code A19
- Refresh your login to Stan. On your Stan compatible device, Sign out and then back in again to refresh your login.
If the issue persists, powercycling your TV should help you back up and running.
- Turn off and unplug your TV and modem/router.
- Press the Power button on your remote control several times to discharge any residual power.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Plug your TV and modem/router back in and turn on.
- When your TV is connected to the Internet, please try Stan again.
Computer or Laptop
Please enable Media Licenses by following the steps below:
- In your Microsoft Edge browser, click on …, then Settings, and then under Advanced Settings, select View advanced settings.
- Then, under Privacy and services turn the Let sites save protected media licenses on my device setting on.
- Restart Edge and try Stan again.
Please clear your browsing history, and try streaming Stan again
- Click on the Chrome Menu Icon located on the top right hand corner of your browser.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down and click Show Advanced Settings.
- Select Clear browsing data.
- Ensure “Cookies and other site and plug-in data” is selected.
- Ensure “From the beginning of time” is also selected.
- Click Clear browsing data.
- Restart Chrome.
- Attempt to stream Stan once more.
If you are still receiving the a19 error, please check your Chrome plug-ins to ensure Widevine is installed and enabled:
- In your Chrome browser, please type chrome://components/ into the address bar.
- Click Check for update for Widevine Content Decryption Module (or WidevineCdm).
- Next, go to Chrome settings by typing chrome://settings/ into the Chrome address bar.
- Scroll down and click Show advanced settings…, then under System, please ensure the Use hardware acceleration when available setting is selected.
- Restart Chrome and try Stan again.
- In your Safari browser, click on Preferences.
- Select Privacy and click Manage Website Data
- Select Remove All, and then click Remove Now
- In your Opera browser, visit opera:plugins.
- Locate Widevine Content Decryption Module and click Always allowed to run.