If you use Office 365, then signing in to your office products becomes second nature. The logon process becomes a normal operation that you expect to just work. But sometimes issues do occur when attempting to sign in. One such error you may come across is the error code 4c7 when attempting to login into Microsoft Teams. The exact message will often read –
Status Code 4c7 error: “Modern authentication failed here, but you’ll still be able to sign in. Your status code is 4c7.”
This article we will guide you through the solution to fix the Teams Modern authentication failed Error.
The error code 4c7 occurs when users try to sign in from a corporate network that has the Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) running. By default, Forms Authentication is disabled in ADFS environment. You will need to enable the setting manually to fix the 4c7 Status Code error in Microsoft Teams.
Enable Forms Authentication
To resolve this issue, enable Forms Authentication by using the AD FS Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in on the computer that has the local copy of Active Directory. Here’s how to do this:
- Locate the computer or device where the local Active Directory is located.
- Open the ADFS Microsoft Management Console.
- On the left side of the screen, click Authentication Policies.
- On the right side of the screen, select Actions.
- Then, click Edit Global Primary Authentication.
- From there, choose the primary Tab.
- Under the Intranet and Extranet sections, ensure that Forms Authentication is ticked.
- Lastly, click OK. It will then save the changes.
- Once you have enabled the Forms Authentication, you can try signing in to Microsoft Teams.
If you experience the error code 4c7 then simply follow the procedure above. We hope that this guide managed to solve your problem and that now you can log into your Microsoft Teams account without any issues.