Here some possible solutions to help you out when your mouse is not working.
Before you go ahead in trying resolve the issues related to your mouse here are some really basic steps which I recommend you do first. By doing these you may just fix the issue immediately:
- Change batteries– If you have a wireless mouse the it is a certainty that that you will be required to replace the batteries. Even if your mouse is showing a red light underneath to indicate it is operational it still may need a battery replacement as it may not have enough juice to run efficiently and could cause issues.
- Clean the mouse: It is necessary that you clean it with a clean your mouse regularly in order to eliminate any dust particles which may be affecting its performance.
- Unplug and plug back in the mouse: If you unplug and plug back your mouse it may fix most of the problems that is related to the connection to your computer.
Mouse still not working? Here are some other problems which your mouse can have:
PROBLEM: Your mouse is not able to move Smoothly
SOLUTION: This can happen if your mouse has any dust in the mouse sensor or even on its surface. You should therefore giver your mouse a thorough cleaning with the help of a clean cloth. Also change the surface you are using. Using a mouse pad will improve the performance of your mouse
PROBLEM: The pointer of your mouse freezes
SOLUTION: The issue may not be related to your mouse. It could be related to the performance of your computer. If your machine is struggling it could cause your mouse pointer to freeze. Heres what you can do.
- Wait a few seconds: By waiting for a few seconds, you will be able to see if the problem is able to resolve itself. If the problem still persists then it is necessary to go in for further investigations.
- Close some of the programs: There are lots of computer programs which will be opened in the background even without your knowledge. On analysing the bottom right of your Windows Desktop you will be able to see if there are any programs still running which you could easily close.
- Reboot your PC: This option will start all of the default services again and kill any programs running in the background that could be causing performance issues.
PROBLEM: You experience mouse lag or your mouse pointer is runs too slow or too fast
SOLUTION: The solution for this problem is a software configuration issue. You can edit your Mouse settings by going to your Control Panel. Open your Mouse settings and under the Pointer Options Tab, you are able to alter the speed of the pointer to the desired level.
PROBLEM: Issues when you Double Click your mouse
SOLUTION: This can also be a software configuration issue. Open your Mouse settings again and then go to the Buttons tab. Here is where you are able to alter the double click speed. You will also be able to test it in order to bring it to a satisfactory click speed level.